For more information contact your local branch.
Collegiality & networking
The branches hold social, sporting and educational events to facilitate collegiality and professional networking.
Branch events can include:
- an annual bar dinner
- meet the Judiciary functions
- judicial appointments and retirements
- sports matches
- quiz nights
- film nights
- information evenings and a range of speakers
- women’s networking and development functions
- CV services
- Practising Well services
The branches keep their members up-to-date with happenings at the Law Society and in the wider legal profession.
Branch communications can include:
- emails to members
- invitations to events
- letters to practitioners
- Some branches hold CVs of job-seeking lawyers. Firms can use branches to find employees
Branches help facilitate members meeting CPD requirements. CPD services can include:
- paper bag lunch seminars;
- panel discussions; and
- training days.
The branches provide regulatory services for their members.
These regulatory services include:
- applications for practice on own account
- applications for certificate of character
- general member inquiries
Last updated on the 3rd June 2015