Applications for membership are open now. All applications must be received by the Law Society by 5pm, Friday 26 July 2019. Apply online.
Lawyers who are enthusiastic about making a real contribution to law reform in New Zealand have an opportunity to get involved.
The New Zealand Law Society plays an active and important role in the reform of law in New Zealand. The Law Society has a reputation for producing high quality, impartial and considered submissions on a wide range of legal issues, on behalf of the legal profession and in the public interest.
This is possible thanks to the dedication and hard work of members of the profession who volunteer their time and expertise to serve on the various Law Society committees.
Applications open now
The Law Society is now calling for applications from members and associate members interested in serving on the Law Society’s Law Reform Committee or one of its specialist committees.
Law Society committee membership is a great way to get involved and have your say on law reform issues. It is also an excellent basis for professional development as well as collegiality and networking.
The Law Society wants to hear from lawyers who have expertise and experience in a relevant area of law and who are:
- willing to volunteer their time and expertise for the benefit of the profession and the wider community;
- available to respond to consultation on law reform when required; and
- keen to meet other practitioners, improve collegiality and share knowledge.
- committee membership (download PDF)
Information on the Law Reform Committee
- Law Reform Committee (download PDF)
Information on the specialist committees
- Accident Compensation Committee (download PDF)
- Civil Litigation and Tribunals Committee (download PDF)
- Commercial and Business Law Committee (download PDF)
- Criminal Law Committee (download PDF)
- Employment Law Committee (download PDF)
- Environmental Law Committee (download PDF)
- Health Law Committee (download PDF)
- Human Rights and Privacy Committee (download PDF)
- Immigration and Refugee Law Committee (download PDF)
- Intellectual Property Committee (download PDF)
- Legal Services Committee (download PDF)
- Public and Administrative Law Committee (download PDF)
- Rule of Law Committee (download PDF)
- Tax Committee (download PDF)
- Youth Justice Committee (download PDF)
- Law Reform Committee Convenor
- Law Reform Committee Member
- Specialist Committee Convenor
- Specialist Committee Member
Apply online for Membership of NZLS Law Reform and Specialist Committees, by 5pm Friday 26 July 2019. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email.
Application forms and information packs can also be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee convenors will be appointed by the NZLS Board at its meeting on 23 August 2019. Committee members will be appointed by the Law Society President. Appointments will be for a two-year term from September 2019.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26 July.
Last updated on the 30th May 2019