Corporate Counsel-12 Month Contract - Auckland
- 12-month contract role in one of Australasia’s leading in-house legal teams
- Varied and complex work in a national and global context
- Partner with key stakeholders and make an impact
We are seeking an intermediate level solicitor to join the team in Auckland on a 12-month contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
You will report into the General Counsel – Group Functions and Farm Source, but you will have the opportunity to provide legal advice and direction on day to day legal issues and support business projects across our entire business within New Zealand and internationally.
You will also be involved in the management of regulatory issues and litigation, risk management and initiatives to support business strategy and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
Key skills and experience
You will have:
- at least– 5-10 years of experience in a law firm working with major international companies and/or a large complex in-house environment
- Excellent knowledge of general commercial and business law
- Highly developed commercial judgement and acumen
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence
- The ability to innovate and operate with agility in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity
- High integrity with the courage to challenge when things don't seem right
- The ability to stand-alone, take accountability, and act independently if required
- The ability to work collaboratively with the business and with other members of the legal team
Fonterra is a global leader in dairy nutrition and the world’s largest dairy exporter. We are a farmer-owned New Zealand co-operative with our roots firmly planted in New Zealand’s rich land. Our high-quality milk, kiwi ingenuity, dairy nutrition innovation, great team and scale means we take our farmers' milk to the world and bring the value back home.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional lawyer to join our team on a contract basis working with autonomy on a variety of matters across Fonterra. The role is challenging, fast-paced, distinctive and highly rewarding. The Fonterra legal team has just won the Australasian Law Awards NZ In-house Team of the Year for the fifth year in a row!
Applications close: Midnight Thursday 18th July 2019. Apply here
For more information, please contact Rosy Corrigan, Recruitment Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on the 5th July 2019