Manager, Wellington Branch of the New Zealand Law Society — Wellington
In this role, you will lead and manage the activities of the Wellington branch of the New Zealand Law Society for the benefit of its local members and the wider Society.
A key part of the role is to promote the branch, including attracting and retaining members, in consultation with the Branch President and Council. The position may also contribute to Law Society national functions and projects.
A multi-faceted role, you will have one direct report and will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and managing branch activities and events;
- Providing secretariat support to the Branch Council President, Council officers, and Council members;
- Financial management of branch activities and events;
- Managing the branch regulatory approval for practice obligations, in accordance with the Law Society’s policies and procedures; and
- Assisting with the care and support of legal practitioners.
You will also develop professional working relationships on behalf of the branch, with practitioners, interest groups and communities of interest within the profession including large firms, the local bar, independent practitioners, in-house lawyers, and community law centres.
The successful candidate will offer:
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills;
- Sound judgment across a wide range of policy and operational activities and functions;
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills in a comparable role;
- Experience providing board and executive level support;
- A high level of computer literacy;
- A flexibility and willingness to undertake a variety of work; and
- An understanding and appreciation of the legal profession and the services lawyers provide.
For more information contact Jane Temel, Director, Niche Consulting Group on 04 471 1423.
Position descriptions are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 28 June 2019.
Last updated on the 20th June 2019