Violence takes many forms. It is unacceptable whenever it happens. Violence by a family member who is loved and trusted can be particularly devastating. Family violence happens where the victim is abused (physically, sexually or psychologically) by someone who is or has been in a domestic relationship with the victim.
This guide covers:
- What protection the law offers
- Who can apply for protection
- What a protection order is
- What other orders are available
- How you get these orders
- What happens when a temporary order is obtained
- Children and family violence
- What if a protection order is breached
- How can you get help?
Last updated on the 1st December 2018