Recipients of NZLS Weekly include law students, members of the judiciary, legal recruitment agencies, news media, legal executives, politicians and people working within government, corporate and not-for-profit sectors.
The Law Society’s communications team compiles NZLS Weekly using the information from LawPoints, but excluding some information which is for lawyers only.
NZLS Weekly is available on request to anyone working in the legal industry or with an interest in New Zealand law and lawyers. The email is designed to keep recipients informed on important legal news and developments plus up-coming events.
NZLS Weekly follows a standard format with information arranged under a number of headings:
- Top Story: The most relevant story or development from the past seven days.
- News: A list of developments which are of relevance to the New Zealand legal profession and legal system.
- Law Society Submissions: Information on current Law Society law reform activities, including submissions being prepared on legislation and discussion papers.
- Case Law: Key court decisions which have become available over the past week, with links to the full judgments.
- Supreme Court: A roundup of the latest Supreme Court decisions from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Community Noticeboard: Legal events, conferences and lectures from around the country.
- CLE Ltd events: Details of planned NZLS CLE Ltd seminars and webinars.
- Legal Jobs: A list of any legal job openings.
- OddPoint: A light-hearted look at the legal profession.
Last updated on the 21st March 2019