New Zealand Law Society

Navigation menu

What if I'm not happy with my lawyer?

If you are not satisfied with the way your lawyer is doing the work for you or you feel the cost is too high, or you are unhappy about a lawyer’s conduct, you should first raise your concern with the lawyer or law firm and use their complaints procedures to try to sort it out.

If this is not appropriate, or you are still unhappy after doing so, you can take the matter to the Lawyers Complaints Service

Last updated on the 1st December 2018