New Zealand Law and Practice Examination materials
Information about the NZLP Exams
Almost all overseas applicants are required to pass all or part of an examination on the law of New Zealand, known as the New Zealand Law and Practice Examination (NZLP). The examination is run by the NZ Council of Legal Education.
Obtaining prescribed materials – where to obtain all the prescribed materials for the practice exams.
(Access to the NZLS Library is restricted to members and associate members of the New Zealand Law Society)
Contact NZCLE to obtain the prescription directly, for more information about the exams and for obtaining past exam papers.
Ordering NZLP Exam materials from the Law Library
- The NZLP Exam materials information letter outlines the purchase process and describes what is included in the materials we sell.
- Read and complete the NZLP Exam materials order form.
- When you complete the order form, make sure you include your preferred method of payment.
- Send us the order form by emailing it to email@example.com, or posting it to NZLS Library Auckland, PO Box 4416, Shortland St, Auckland 1140, New Zealand.
- We send you a final quote.
- You send us payment.
- We supply materials to you in PDF form on a flash drive or via drop box.
Contact the NZLS Library in Auckland on +64 9 304 1020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about purchasing the materials.
Links to related infomation
- How overseas lawyers can apply to practise in NZ
- A short overview of the exams on the NZ Council of Legal Education (NZCLE) website
- New Zealand Law & Practice Examination Preparation Course - a support program developed by the College of Law
Links to useful websites
Last updated on the 1st December 2018