Join the Section
The New Zealand Law Society’s Property Law Section is a national body specifically representing property lawyers.
The Section was established in April 2000 to help property lawyers meet the changes and challenges of law practice in the 21st century, and to support them as they deliver the highest possible quality service to their clients.
What does section membership offer you?
Whether you are new to property law, working your way up the career ladder, or an experienced property lawyer, Property Law Section membership has much to offer:
- Membership of a national body specifically representing property lawyers
- Up-to-date information on property law changes likely to affect you and your clients
- Quarterly publication The Property Lawyer dedicated to property law matters and written for lawyers
- Marketing assistance through national promotion of property lawyers within an overall master brand
- Use of the 'Property Law Section member firm' brand to qualifying members
- Strategies to respond to competition and technological developments
- The opportunity to participate in the section's accreditation scheme
- Continuing access to seminars, conferences and other continuing education opportunities on property law issues
- A website with a members-only area containing membership resources
- A free listing in the website's 'Find a property lawyer' directory
- Opportunities to share expertise and knowledge with other property lawyers
- Involvement in law reform and development of national guidelines, standards and procedures
- Membership of a body that has and will continue to develop key strategic alliances
Apply for membership
Full membership of the Property Law Section
Full membership of New Zealand Law Society is a prerequisite to full membership of the Property Law Section. Full membership of the Law Society is available to those holding a current practising certificate (just tick the relevant box on the PLS full membership form).
Note that the membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
Associate membership of the Property Law Section
If you do not hold a current practising certificate, and you are not already an associate member of the Law Society, you can apply for Law Society associate membership by completing the relevant form and submitting payment. This is processed in conjunction with your application for PLS associate membership. If your application for Law Society associate membership is not successful, your payment will be returned.
|Property Law Section full membership||$180 plus GST|
|Property Law Section associate membership||$180 plus GST|
Subsequent members within a firm
|$150 plus GST|
(Full members of the New Zealand Institute of Legal Executives (NZILE) should obtain an application form for NZLS associate membership from NZILE)
$75 plus GST
Please email us or call us on 04 463 2966 or 0800 745 754.
Last updated on the 11th November 2016