Analyst and Senior Analyst Roles | Wellington
- Are you ready to take on the challenges facing our cities and the environment?
- Are you enthusiastic and committed to making a difference through robust policy advice?
At the Ministry for the Environment our purpose is to make New Zealand the most liveable place in the world for our children, their children and their mokopuna. ‘Liveable' in an MfE context puts New Zealanders at the heart of our work, recognising a thriving environment underpins economic prosperity. Our strategy takes us to the cutting edge of how policy is made and how we partner with external organisations - building on our strengths to deliver enhanced performance.
We are seeking high performing Analysts and Senior Analysts to join the Ministry at a time where we are focusing our attention on how we protect the things we value, now and for future generations. Environment Aotearoa 2019 has revealed our environment is under pressure in many places – in our towns and cities, rivers and oceans. We need to act now and at pace.
We are about to embark on a significant review of the main law that sets out how we should manage our environment, the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA).This will be an exciting opportunity to contribute to long-term thinking about the resource management system.
You will prepare quality policy advice to help the system better deliver outcomes for both our built and natural environments. You will be expected to think about the challenges we face today and those we can expect to face in the future from new technology and a changing climate.
The roles will involve:
- leading policy work packages, including undertaking research and identifying and contributing to policy development
- working alongside our Treaty Partners
- collaborating with key stakeholders and other government agencies
- demonstrating your expertise and judgement in assigned policy areas.
To be successful in these roles you will:
- have strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- have the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- be professional and have credibility
- have the ability to analyse and communicate complex ideas
- be fair, reasonable and open-minded; and
- be comfortable working within complex policies, and dealing with ambiguity.
A working knowledge and experience in the following fields is highly desirable:
- the Resource Management Act 1991
- Resource Management planning, consenting and compliance
- Local and central government regulatory processes and practice
As an individual you'll have significant drive to continually grow and develop both yourself and those around you. We are a Ministry that invests in the development of its people and in the future you will have opportunities to rotate into other subject areas within the Ministry.
These are full time, permanent roles based in Wellington or Auckland. The Ministry actively supports flexible working.
Salary range: $60,605 to $81,994 for an Analyst, and $86,005 to $116,360 for a Senior Analyst. Appointment within the range will be based on skills and experience.
How to apply
If you require further information about these positions please contact Simon King by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV via the online application.
Last updated on the 20th June 2019