Corporate Lawyer - Wellington
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent professional trustee organisation that assists the Māori Trustee to carry out the Māori Trustee’s statutory roles, functions and responsibilities, and thereby protects and enhances Māori land – for now and generations to come.
A new unique but thrilling opportunity has presented itself for a Corporate Lawyer to join our legal team. This role will see you work directly with the business in all aspects of legal work of the Māori Trustee, including, but not limited to, Māori land law, trusts law, estates, commercial and contract, legislative compliance, litigation and dispute management.
If you enjoy a dynamic but fast-paced environment, then this could be the role for you. This diverse and challenging position would be highly suited to a skillful Māori land lawyer with proven commercial and litigation experience.
- The ideal candidate will also have:
- At least 5 years relevant PQE gained in private practice and/or in-house and who holds a current practicing certificate
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior written and drafting skills
- Outstanding judgement and attention to detail
- The ability to consistently provide high quality outcomes-driven legal advice and representation
- Be an excellent communicator
- An affinity and respect for tikanga Māori
This position will be based in our head office in wellington and will require travel from time-to-time as part of the role.
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, then please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Last updated on the 26th July 2019