20 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. Our job and responsibility is to represent more than 51,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora, and health workers in Aotearoa/ New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters and we are affiliated to the International Council of Nurses (ICN) and the New Zealand Council of Trade Unions (NZCTU). NZNO embraces the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer with employment law experience to join a dynamic professional legal team. NZNO provides employment legal services to members, represents members in employment related matters, and provides legal advice to the organisation.
The successful candidate will
- Be a barrister and solicitor of the High Court, with an LLB
- Be experienced in employment law
- Have litigation experience
- Provide legal advice and support for members and staff
- Represent members in legal forums (e.g. Employment Relations Authority)
- Provide legal skills and expertise to assist NZNO in its analysis of legislation or Bills and preparation of submissions
- Contribute to NZNO policy development
- Contribute to Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand journal and other NZNO publications on topical legal matters
- Have the ability to travel to meet the requirements of the position as necessary.
Applications should be marked “confidential”, include a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and be forwarded by 5pm, 31 January 2020 to:
PO Box 2128
Last updated on the 15th January 2020