Intermediate Litigation Lawyer/Criminal and Family - Tauranga
Are you an experienced lawyer who can hit the ground running?
Do you thrive on a challenge and a diverse range of work?
Can you take initiative and responsibility?
Then we need YOU to join our busy practice.
We are a small boutique firm specialising in high quality litigation for both legal aid and private clients in a range of criminal and family
matters. We pride ourselves on our client service and the calibre of our work, and the opportunities we offer our team for professional
development and mentoring.
You will ideally have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and a current New Zealand practising certificate or eligibility to obtain one.
- At least 2 years PQE
- Lead Provider in Criminal PAL1
- Duty Solicitor approval or be eligible to obtain approval
- Supervised Provider or Lead Provider in Family
- Knowledge of New Zealand laws and the legal system
- Understanding of criminal and family court processes
- Legal research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to draft legal opinions and legal submissions
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and practice good time management and organisational skills.
- Court litigation experience and advocacy skills
- High level of professionalism in dealings with internal and external work relationships
- A full driver's licence is required, as some travel may be required
Please email your expression of interest and CV to the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 14 August 2020.
Last updated on the 30th July 2020