We are New Zealand's largest trustee services organisation and are passionate about helping thousands of families and businesses look after what is important to them. We help our customers preserve the present and secure their future, by providing expert wills and estate administration services. We also provide specialist advice on a full range of estate planning services including; legal, financial, investment, trusts and estate protection.
Public Trust is seeking a permanent full time intermediate-level solicitor to join their Retail Legal Team.
About the role:
This role sits within the Legal and Governance team, who are responsible for providing legal support services across the organisation. Reporting to a Senior Solicitor, you will provide legal advice and support to our Retail network in relation to Public Trust products and services.
The successful candidate will have excellent time management and the ability to deliver a high standard of work within set targets and deadlines. You will enjoy working as part of a team, but also be able to work well autonomously. It goes without saying that you will have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be able to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
The location is flexible throughout our centres but is dependent upon level of experience and the availability of supervision.
What we are looking for:
- A LLB qualification with 3-7 years PQE.
- Experience within the trustee services industry is essential.
- 2 years+ relevant experience in the areas of law relating to Wills, Estate administration, conveyancing, inter vivos and Charitable Trusts, property orders and EPA's under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Litigation experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- A current New Zealand Law Society practising certificate.
This is a role that offers variety, where no two days are the same. You will work with various teams based throughout New Zealand to help deliver quality outcomes to our customers. This role will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to develop into a senior role. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Last updated on the 18th November 2019