Junior Legal – Auckland
With a large established base in New Zealand and a rapidly growing business in the United States and recent relaunch in Australia, EROAD is looking to appoint an in-house Junior Legal Counsel to assist the company to meet its ambitious strategic and commercial goals.
In this newly created role you will support the EROAD’s governance and privacy functions as well as the general legal and administrative work that arises in the legal team.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and to work on novel cross-jurisdictional issues in a fast-paced, stimulating environment. The role will provide you with plenty of learning opportunities and career growth prospects. You will never be bored! This position is based in Albany, Auckland.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist in all areas of the corporate governance function, including compliance with the NZX Listing Rules, Financial Markets Conduct Act,
- Companies Act and overseas corporate law.
- Maintain Corporate Governance Calendar with all key events planned and prepared to meet legal deadlines.
- Support General Counsel in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Support privacy function in business, including compliance with privacy laws in NZ, Australia and the US.
- Work with cross-functional teams on commercial, legal, public policy, partnership, product, IP, platform, mobile, software, approval, certification and public company issues.
- In-depth legal research and contract review.
- Preparing training materials.
- Legal team’s administration.
- LLB degree or higher
- Holds or is applying for a current practising certificate
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Office) and exposure to digital platforms.
EROAD believes that every community deserves safer roads and the people who use the roads should influence the design, management and funding of transport networks.
This is why we use technology to create easy to use solutions that manage vehicle fleets, support regulatory compliance, improve driver safety and reduce the costs associated with driving. Simultaneously working with universities, transport authorities and others in the research, trial and evaluation of sustainable transport networks.
Since beginning in 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Now around 80% of the electronically collected road user charges in New Zealand are being collected using EROAD technology.
We're New Zealand's fastest growing telematics company and are listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (ERD). Our head office is in Albany, New Zealand and we have almost 300 staff located across New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.A. Our innovative work is frequently awarded, we appear on the Deloitte Fast 50 Master of Growth, Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Pacific, are the NZ Exporter of the Year, and have received the Brake Fleet Safety Award acknowledging EROAD's positive impact in creating safer drivers, vehicles and roads. Apply here.
Last updated on the 7th November 2019