Legal Advisor/Senior Legal Advisor - Wellington
The Health and Disability Commissioner promotes and protects the rights of health and disability services consumers and facilitates the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringements of those rights.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HDC legal team as either a Legal Advisor or a Senior Legal Advisor. The legal team is a collegial and high performing team, which undertakes a wide variety of legal and policy work, including in relation to the Health and Disability Commissioner’s complaints resolution jurisdiction.
You will need:
- Post-admission experience as a barrister and solicitor
- An excellent academic record
- A sound knowledge of health care law, public law generally and administrative law in particular
- A well developed understanding of policy issues affecting the interests of health and disability services consumers
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Sound judgement and analytical ability
- To have the ability to handle complex cases and meet deadlines
- A high level of initiative and self confidence
- To have the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment
All applicants must complete an HDC application form to be considered. Please visit the HDC website for the application form and the position description. http://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies
Address your Cover Letter to the Senior HR Advisor, Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner, PO Box 1791, Auckland 1140.
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close on Tuesday 24 September 2019 at 4.30pm.
Last updated on the 6th September 2019