Legal and Compliance Manager - North Shore
- Extend your legal and leadership skills
- Lead the NZ legal and compliance function
- Highly collaborative business
- North Shore location
Here is a great opportunity to extend your legal and leadership skills as the Legal and Compliance Manager for the New Zealand operations of this leading, award winning global insurer.
Reporting to the APAC Regional Head of Legal, and working closely and locally with the CFO, you will lead a small and effective team delivering timely, accurate and commercially focused legal and compliance advice across all aspects of the NZ business, ensuring best practice requirements are met.
The scope of work is diverse and interesting and includes advising on commercial agreements, marketing campaigns, product queries, new product initiatives, dispute resolution, consumer and privacy law issues. In addition, you will oversee the global compliance framework for the New Zealand operation, manage external lawyers, provide input on major projects (with both local and global dimensions), and assist the business to adapt to upcoming legal and regulatory changes.
The ideal candidate we seek will have:
- A tertiary qualification in law and current NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Minimum of 6 years PQE with experience in general commercial and corporate law
- Prior experience in the insurance and/or financial services sectors preferred
- Leadership ability with a pragmatic, practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- A positive, approachable and collaborative engagement style
This is an important role within the New Zealand operation for a talented, commercially astute lawyer seeking to step up to a leadership role within a highly collaborative business that is committed to delivering high quality experiences and outcomes for its customers and employees.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email@example.com
Last updated on the 5th November 2019