Legal Counsel – Employment Relations - Auckland
4-7 year PQE
- Britomart location
The Employment Relations team is focused on supporting Westpac New Zealand to be one of the world's great service companies through the effective management of offering pragmatic, high quality and timely employment law and employment relations advice to senior managers, the wider human resources team and a variety of other internal stakeholders.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the HR & Corporate Affairs job family and senior business leaders on a wide range of employee relations matters
- Assisting with union bargaining and agreements
- Assisting with implementing and managing Westpac's employment relations strategy
- Assisting with HR policies.
Your sound employment law experience will ensure Westpac continues to benefit from top quality employment relations, industrial relations, health and safety, and general employment law advice.
To succeed in this role, you will possess:
- An LLB with approx. 4-7 years sound employment law and employment relations experience (ideally including health and safety)
- Previous in-house experience preferred but not essential
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work at pace
- A solutions focused and engaging interpersonal style
- An ability to work effectively with senior managers.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, please contact Clare Montgomerie for a confidential conversation on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on the 10th July 2019