Property Law Section Manager, New Zealand Law Society — Wellington
An opportunity to support, develop and influence professional membership services for property lawyers in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Law Society (NZLS) is the Kaitiaki – guardian – of the public, the profession and the law of Aotearoa New Zealand. The Property Law Section is a professional membership group within the New Zealand Law Society. It has a membership of approximately 1500 lawyers who practice either solely or predominantly in property law.
The Section provides its members with information, education, guidance and resources covering a wide range of property practice areas, including residential conveyancing, commercial leasing, building and construction, property development, trusts, wills, EPAs and estate administration.
As Property Law Section Manager, your excellent interpersonal, relationship management and organisation skills will assist you to deliver on the key accountabilities for the role which include:
- Working with the Property Law Section’s Executive committee to develop strategies, programmes of work and resources aimed at supporting the Executive and Section members
- Fostering positive and beneficial business relationships between the Section and its internal and external stakeholders including private, public and government sector entities
- Delivering a range of member services including member communications, website and social media content, regular publications, practice guidance and membership events throughout New Zealand
- Contributing to the wider work of NZLS including the preparation of property related law reform submissions to parliament through the NZLS Law reform team
You will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Legal qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the work of property lawyers
- Previous management experience is desirable
You can read the position description outlining the competencies and skills required.
If you have further queries, please contact the Acting General Manager, Law Reform and Sections, Gabrielle O’Brien, on (021) 186 9172 or email@example.com
Applications can be made by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Monday 30 September 2019
Last updated on the 11th September 2019