Senior ER Consultant - Wellington
- Exciting opportunity to develop and lead employment relations strategy
- Varied role with exposure to a wide range of ER and IR experiences
- Utilise your legal expertise within the Government environment
The People and Capability team at the Ministry of Health is looking for an Employment Relations specialist to bring some dynamic skills and experience to how we approach the management of internal ER and IR issues.
This is a newly created position and has been identified as part of the Ministry's commitment to building a strong and effective Employment Relations Strategy that will support it's People Leaders to navigate a variety of employment issues and achieve resolution to complex ER cases or IR issues as they arise.
This will involve working closely with Senior Executives and a range of other Leaders within the Ministry to provide sound legal advice, which is operationally relevant and reflects the needs of the organisation. There is a real opportunity for the right candidate to spread their wings and work in both the ER and IR areas, by working cases through to mediation, authority, court hearings and the facilitation of negotiations on both an individual or collective basis.
You will operate as part of a team of HR Advisory professionals, support, coach and mentor their on-going development of knowledge and experience in the management of complex ER cases and offer guidance which builds our internal team capability and enables the team to become trusted partners with Managers at all levels within the Ministry.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following:
- LLB qualification with current NZ practising certificate
- Demonstrated Employment Law experience post qualification
- Experience leading and managing complex cases end to end
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and demonstrate sound understanding of their operational environment and context
- Instant credibility gained through the provision of relevant advice that delivers successful outcomes
- Ability to work strategically and create effective risk management in the ER/IR area
- A collegial attitude and desire to work with colleagues to achieve results, and share you knowledge and expertise to support the growth of the team.
You may already be operating in a similar role already, or looking to return to the workforce, as a flexible working employer we are open to considering a variation in hours worked.
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
We have embarked on a transformational change programme which is creating some exciting career opportunities. This is not your traditional Employment Law role, it offers scope to really make it your own and be involved in the future direction of the Ministry during this significant period in our development, if you would like to contribute to the important work that we do, please join us.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click Apply for this Job to upload your CV and cover letter. Please note in your covering letter any periods of leave you may have over the main holiday periods in December/January so we can account for this when shortlising and interviewing.
Advertising for this role closes on Sunday, 8 December 2019.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
Last updated on the 25th November 2019