Senior Legal Counsel - Auckland
- Diverse and interesting role
- Positively influence business outcomes
- Auckland CBD
Here is a great opportunity to tangibly contribute to a successful in-house legal team of this leading financial services business at a time of significant change and transformation.
You will bring strength in delivering pragmatic, solutions-focused legal advice across all facets of the business and help to shape and positively influence right outcomes for the future. This organisation offers a wide scope of work that is diverse as it is interesting: advising on commercial agreements, product queries, general compliance and corporate law issues, new product initiatives, disputes and litigation; consumer law issues and major business projects. In addition, a key role will involve helping the business adapt its products, processes and strategy aligned to upcoming legal and regulatory changes through building trusting relationships with stakeholders, external panel firms and regulatory bodies.
The ideal candidate we seek will have:
- Tertiary qualification in law and current NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Minimum 8 years' commercial/corporate legal experience
- Prior in-house experience advising on legal issues impacting the insurance and/or financial services sector would be preferred
- A highly collaborative interpersonal style
- The ability to manage competing priorities and deal effectively with change and ambiguity
This is an ideal in-house role for a senior lawyer with the desire to make their mark, learn, improve business processes and embrace change within a positive and supportive legal team environment. With a business culture that recognises individual differences and values diversity and flexibility, this is an exciting time to join the business on its transformational journey.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email@example.com
Last updated on the 7th October 2019