Buying and selling a property
New Zealanders like to own their own homes and, for most of us, it’ll be our biggest investment. Whether you are buying or selling for the first time or not, you will want the experience to be positive and rewarding. You can avoid a lot of potential stress, cost and frustration by following the basic steps in this guide.
This guide covers:
- The process
- Your lawyer’s role
- Checks – what needs to be done and who will do it for you
- Buying a property – ownership and other issues
- A property checklist
- How much can you afford to pay for a home?
- Other sale and purchase costs
- Frequently asked questions
- Commonly used terms
- What else your lawyer can do for you
Last updated on the 1st December 2018