$320.9 million into eliminating family and sexual violence
The Ministry of Justice says this year’s Wellbeing Budget delivers a comprehensive funding package dedicated to eliminating family violence and sexual violence in Aotearoa.
This investment will drive substantial improvements in wellbeing for people currently affected by violence. It will help future generations live free of family violence and sexual violence and build the sort of country we can be proud of.
The first Joint Venture Budget package will invest $320.9 million over four years, in five key areas:
- Increasing investment in prevention ($47.8 million)
- Safe, consistent and effective responses in communities ($84.3 million)
- Growing specialist sexual violence services ($131.1 million)
- Improving the Justice response to victims of sexual violence ($37.8 million)
- Coordination across the Joint Venture to support new ways of working across government in partnership with communities and Māori ($20.0 million)
Last updated on the 16th September 2019