Excellent in-house lawyers recognised at ILANZ Awards 2016
The five winners of the annual ILANZ In-House Lawyer Awards 2016 were announced on Friday at the In-House Lawyers Association's 29th Conference Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony in Nelson.
ILANZ President Dr Katie Elkin says the awards are made to outstanding in-house lawyers who demonstrate leadership and excellence in the provision of legal services to their employer.
The winners in each of the ILANZ Awards categories receive scholarship packages, go toward training and development for them, their team or their community organisation.
The ILANZ In-house Lawyer Awards 2016 Winners:
- Public Sector In-house Lawyer of the Year: Adam Pell, Senior Prosecutor, NZ Police (Hamilton).
- Private Sector In-house Lawyer of the Year: Jackie Floyd, Associate General Counsel, Vector Limited.
- Young In-House Lawyer of the Year: Kim Beech, Senior Legal Counsel, Z Energy Limited
- In-House Legal Team of the Year: New Zealand Government Procurement legal team (John Buick-Constable, Kym Thomas, Stephanie Mullally, and Dominika Mitchell) - Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- Community Contribution Award: Megan Paish, Lawyer, Public Defence Service.
New Zealand has more than 2,800 in-house lawyers, who comprise more than 21% of all lawyers.
Last updated on the 16th September 2019