Global Data Privacy Guide covers 84 jurisdictions
The international law firm co-operative Lex Mundi has released a guide which gives an overview of data privacy legislation and key data protection provisions for 84 jurisdictions around the world.
The Lex Mundi Global Data Privacy Guide is aimed at assisting general counsel to deal with changes stemming from the European Union's GDPR and the associated risk management requirements.
The New Zealand section was contributed by Simpson Grierson, the New Zealand Lex Mundi member.
Topics covered in the guide include:
- Regulation of personal data
- Restrictions around cross-border data transfer
- Notification requirements and consequences for data breaches
- Regulation of electronic marketing
- Information on the privacy regulator
- Recent developments and expected reform.
Last updated on the 16th September 2019