New WorkSafe guides on preventing and responding to sexual harassment at work
WorkSafe has published a new sexual harassment toolkit for workplaces.
The toolkit includes:
- A guide for businesses on preventing and responding to sexual harassment at work.
- A guide for workers on how a business must manage health and safety risks, including sexual harassment, and what workers should do if they encounter, experience, or are accused of sexual harassment.
- An example of a sexual harassment policy that can be used as a template.
- A reporting form template that can be used by workers to report sexual harassment to their businesses.
- Examples of sexual harassment.
WorkSafe says harassment, sexual harassment and bullying are common work risks. Managing these risks and all other work risks is a requirement for businesses.
"Businesses must recognise their risks and have clear processes in place to handle them. This includes creating a culture that identifies appropriate behaviour and values people being able to speak up easily, and have speedy resolution of allegations," it says.
Last updated on the 16th September 2019