- Legal, Corporate Support
- 2 years fixed term or secondment opportunity
- Based in Wellington or Auckland
Apply via our careers webpage
We’re looking to fill a brand new role - the Crown Mediation Advocate.
This is a unique opportunity to support both Waka Kotahi and Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand’s participation in the soon to be launched Land Acquisition Resolution Service.
If you have experience with mediation advocacy and the Public Works Act, we would love to hear from you. Secondments are welcome.
Applications close Sunday, 1 August
Skills / experience:
- Significant legal experience
- Familiarity with the Public Works Act 1981
- Deep understanding of mediation – both the principles and practicalities and experience representing parties in mediation
- Understanding of and ability to uphold the Attorney General’s Values for Crown Civil Litigation
- Skilled in interest-based negotiation and seeking collaboration over compromise
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally and bring about change
- The ability to effectively bring together multiple perspectives to deliver organisational outcomes
- Strong written and oral communication skills