The Safe and Effective Justice Programme Advisory Group – Te Uepū Hāpai i te Ora is to hold a series of meetings around New Zealand.
Justice Minister Andrew Little says the Advisory Group will facilitate meetings from mid-October and provide details of drop-in sessions for the public through local promotions, social media and on the Safe and Effective Justice website.
Advisory group chair and former Minister, Hon Chester Borrows says he’s looking forward to hearing what New Zealanders want from their criminal justice system.
“We’re focused on hearing from people whose lives and work are affected by the criminal justice system, and canvassing ideas on how it can be improved,” Mr Borrows says.
Fuller details of the meetings are on the website.
- Auckland, 15-16 October
- Canterbury: 29-30 October
- Northland: 5-6 November
- Bay of Plenty: 5-6 November
- Waikato: 13-14 November
- Taranaki: 15 November
- Whanganui/Manawatu/Horowhenua: 16-17 November
- Otago/Southland: 19-21 November
- Wellington: 23 November
- West Coast: 27-28 November
- Hawke’s Bay/Wairarapa: 28-29 November
- East Coast: 3-4 December
- Tasman/Marlborough: 10-11 December