Specialist health sector law firm Claro has launched an online training platform to provide training in legal and ethical issues to health professionals.
Clarify at www.clarify.co.nz currently consists of six online tutorials presented by lawyers on different aspects of health law. Each tutorial takes about an hour to complete, and includes an online test and certification which can be used for CPD and other purposes such as employment inductions.
Claro says the legal issues covered are also erlevant to lawyers working in the health sector.
"The development of Claro's online training platfom is a natural extention of our founding prevention-ahead-of-cure philosophy, and our longstanding commitment to training and education in the health sector," Claro managing partner Jonathan Coates says.
Dr Coates says more modules will be added as demand requires. He says there is an introductory price of $55 module until 1 November 2018 when the full price of $85/module begins.
The first six modules are:
- An overview of New Zealand health law.
- Obligations of health practitioners under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act.
- Health information privacy.
- The law and informed consent.
- Maintaining professional boundaries.
- Treating incompetent patients.