The Law Society welcomes inquiries on general matters affecting the legal profession.
We publish information on aspects of the law, but we cannot provide legal advice.
The Law Society has 13 branch offices and a national office based in Wellington.
- General inquiries: email@example.com
- Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CPD inquiries: CPDinquiries@lawsociety.org.nz
- LawPoints: email@example.com
- LawTalk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyers Complaints Service: email@example.com
- Registry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Registry for all inquiries relating to applications for: practising certificates; practice on own account; and approval to take direct instructions. For Certificate of Character applications please contact your local branch .
- Website: email@example.com
- Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Legal Education: email@example.com
- Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising: email@example.com
- Regulatory inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact regulatory inquiries for queries relating to: TTMRA; practising overseas; and overseas lawyers practising in New Zealand
- National office: +64 4 472 7837
- Lawyers Complaints Service: 0800 261 801
- Registry: 0800 22 30 30 (or +64 4 472 7837 if outside NZ)
- Law Care (Confidential workplace harassment support): 0800 0800 28
PO Box 5041, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Fax: +64 4 473 7909
17-21 Whitmore Street
Last updated on the 29th June 2020