Key dates for lawyers
Mid to late May
- Recommended that all payments are made before this date to allow sufficient time for processing and resolution of any issues. See NZLS | Fees (lawsociety.org.nz)
- All current practising certificates expire.
- Online renewal declarations and payments cannot be accepted after this date.
- New practising certificates in force.
- Lawyers who have not completed their online renewal declarations and / or paid the required fees before 30 June:
- will not hold a current practising certificate
- will not be able to provide legal services in the reserved areas defined by section 6 of the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act
- will have their name removed from the public register
- will not be able to reapply online
- will have to complete an application form and pay a late renewal fee of $58.