The following is a step by step guide to the NZLS appointment process for FDR providers where you will find all the relevant application forms and supporting documents to assist you in the application process. The NZLS Panel of Mediators – Family Specialist is the gateway to FDR provider appointment, so if you wish to be an NZLS appointed FDR provider you must first be a member of the Panel.
For Current Members of the NZLS Panel Of Mediators – Family Specialist
- If you are an existing panel member of the NZLS Panel wanting to apply for appointment as an FDR provider, you will need to complete an Application for Appointment as an NZLS Approved FDR Provider. Consult the document Guide to Application for Appointment as an NZLS Approved FDR Provider.
- The Law Society will convene an appointment panel in January 2014 to assess the application of each member of the NZLS Panel who applied to be appointed as an FDR provider against the requirements of regulation 7 of the Family Dispute Resolution Regulations 2013. You will not be required to appear before the panel in person.
- All appointments will be conditional on the satisfactory completion by each applicant of an additional one and a half day’s training in February 2014 as follows:
- NZLS CLE Ltd will be offering education for all family lawyers in relation to the new family justice system in 14 centres throughout the country, and also by webinar, from the 10-19 February 2014.
- A further one day’s training specifically for Panel members who wish to be appointed as FDR providers will be conducted following the more general family justice system training in five main centres, 17-27 February 2014.
Visit the CLE Ltd website www.lawyerseducation.co.nz for more information. Practitioners who attend the training may be able to carry forward CPD hours to the 2013/2014 CPD year.
If you do not already belong to the NZLS Panel of Mediators - Family Specialist
The NZLS Panel of Mediators – Family Specialist is the gateway to FDR provider appointment. If you are not an existing member of the NZLS Panel, and you wish to be appointed by the NZLS as an FDR provider, you will need to apply for membership of and accreditation to the Panel. This can be done concurrently with your application for FDR provision. You will need to complete the following forms and follow the process outlined above: